[Bioperl-l] Speed bumps

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:59:25 +0000 (GMT)

thanks Nat. That is great feedback. i read most of the feedback being

"more documentation, but with a different focus - ie, on a User who wants
to get things done"

I also read some of it as

"Ensure that all module documentation clearly flags the role of the module
and indicates where a user should be looking"

and finally we should probably unify the *documentation* of PrimarySeqI,
SeqI, Seq etc in SeqI and Seq and make PrimarySeqI and Seq have a clearly
flagged "this is only for pro's" type documentation. I will roll this one
in at last for 1.2

You maybe interested to hear that two people not 1 million miles away from
this list or Bioperl are hoping to write a book which is more user-guide
like that describes the core area of Bioperl. I assumme this book would be
useful ;).

ewan