[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db: posqgresql adaptor

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:54:58 +0000

Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> Maybe I'm overlooking something, and I'm also going to make sure I
> understand Postgres correctly by querying their mailing list.
>
>     -hilmar

With recent JDBC, you can do a select for update, with keys being
generated, and get back an array of the new keys. Is there an
equeivalent in the perl db access? If so, you can just interogate the
length of this array. Other than that, there's always the option of
server-side scripting.

Matthew