[Bioperl-l] bioperl-run; size/complexity of bioperl for 1.2

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:54:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> If you can get c) to work with an affordable amount of pain on our
> (maintainers') end, that'd be cool and my clear favorite.

Hmmm. I will have a go. The more I think about it, the more I like (b)
(distribute the whole thing). As long as we don't recommend to people to
tar -zxvf instead tar -zxf then they wont know realistically how much code
they are pulling across.

Any other views? BTW - Nat G. - I would be very interested in where the
speed bumps are in the newbie learning process, as a seperate but related
issue to this.

(I don't think running a CPAN clone and/or running something inside CPAN
is going to work nicely myself - perhaps it would. Any views on this?)