[Bioperl-l] Re: DNA topology

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:33:19 -0500 (EST)

I think it's easier than that.  Don't we have a function

$seq->is_circular

Which will get set to true if it is circular?

>From Bio/SeqIO/genbank.pm:
       my $circ = shift(@tokens);
          if ($circ eq 'circular') {
              $params{'-is_circular'} = 1;
              $params{'-division'} = shift(@tokens);
          } else {
              # 'linear' or 'circular' may actually be omitted altogether
              $params{'-division'} =
                  (CORE::length($circ) == 3 ) ? $circ : shift(@tokens);
          }

-jason