[Bioperl-l] "too many open files "

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 15:36:53 -0500 (EST)

File::Temp isn't cleaning up on object destruction b/c we hadn't closed
the filehandles in the module - you can get the code changes from the cvs
version or they should be in bioperl-run-1.1.0 release version.

Note that (as stated in the README) we have moved the Bio/Tools/Run to a
separate package so that people don't feel that have to install the
runnable wrappers as part of the core components of bioperl.

% cvs log Bio/Tools/Run/StandAloneBlast.pm
[snip out the tag listing]
revision 1.22
date: 2002/07/06 23:53:36;  author: jason;  state: Exp;  lines: +7 -1
explicitly closing some filehandles appears to do a better job freeing
resources

-jason