[Bioperl-l] Primary seq primary_id?

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:49:00 -0600

Hi,

So I am confused then.  The primary_id is set, that is what I wanted, the object looks like this.  Should the primary_id slot not be filled in this case?  The primary id was set in the fast.pm module, in the next_seq sub.  I don't have an accession number.

This is what the object is looking like to me...
0  Bio::Seq=HASH(0x853cfe0)
   'primary_seq' => Bio::PrimarySeq=HASH(0x853cfbc)
      'alphabet' => 'protein'
      'desc' => 'fragment'
      'display_id' => 'CYS1_DICDI'
      'primary_id' => 'CYS1_DICDI'
      'seq' => 'SCWSFSTTGNVEGQHFISQNKLVSLSEQNLVDCDHECMEYEGE'

How am I supposed to get CYS1_DICDI from the primary_id field?

-Mat