[Bioperl-l] Changes to Bio::SeqI broke Bio::Graphics

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:28:13 -0500

Hi All,

The recent removal of RangeI from Bio::SeqI caused all my
Bio::Graphics HOWTO examples to fail (about eight of them).  It also
broke some other scripts that I use routinely.  I was relying on the
object returned by Bio::SeqIO to implement start and end methods.

I've fixed the HOWTOs, but the extent of the damage leads me to wonder
how many other people might have made the same mistake.  It occurs to
me that we may be breaking a *lot* of scripts out there.

Lincoln