[Bioperl-l] SeqFeature: Documentation gap?

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:08:10 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Stefan Kirov wrote:

> I have a question regarding the way the Location is set in a SeqFeature
> object. Obviously one way to do it is through new(). But I needed to use
> a Location object, so I just passed it as in
> $seq->location($locationobj). It worked at this case.

Docs just need to be updated (done) - this is a copy+paste problem when we
wrote it into Bio::SeqFeatureI (as we don't assume that all
Bio::SeqFeatureI implementors will allow you to reset the location
object).

You're of course more than welcome to do
 % perldoc -m Bio::SeqFeature::Generic
at any time to see an implementation.