[Bioperl-l] OffTopic: Test data for BLAST

Marco Aurelio Valtas Cunha mavcunha@gordon.fmrp.usp.br
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:43:36 -0200

Lars,

  A very fun thing to do is find all Human ESTs on the chromosomes. It will load
your cluster very well ( maybe too much ),

Get the EST data here:

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/est_human.Z

and the chromosome data here:

http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/28jun2002/bigZips/chromFa.zip

Off course that is a very long search, probably you will need to cut some ESTs off.

Best.
Marco.

--
    _ _ _ _ _ Marco A Valtas Cunha     http://scarecrow.fmrp.usp.br/~mavcunha/