[Bioperl-l] Re: HitTableWriter.pm and HSPTableWriter.pm

Linda Sperling Linda.Sperling@cgm.cnrs-gif.fr
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:44:39 +0100 (CET)

OK, I am an idiot. All I needed to do was specify the correct
Bio::SearchIO module i.e. psiblast and not blast.

However, there IS a bug!

If I try to use default column values (at least on blastx output) then the
parser only writes zeroes. I need to specify columns. Maybe this is not a
problem with bona fide psiblast reports?

This gives zeroes:
my $writer = Bio::SearchIO::Writer::HSPTableWriter->new();

This works:
my $writer = Bio::SearchIO::Writer::HSPTableWriter->new( -columns =>
\@columns );

(with an appropriate selection of some columns).

Sorry to bother you guys - I should have exhausted all possibilites
before writing.
Please keep up the great work.
Linda Sperling

--