[Bioperl-l] error fetching seqs from a local db on win2k

Richard Jacob r-jacob@pacbell.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 15:09:24 -0700

At 04:44 PM 5/28/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> > I belive that the problem is with the indexing of databases on win2k.
> > Has any one successfully indexed a db on win2K?
> >
>I've never had much luck when I was testing things out on Win98 and
>running tests with DB_File.  I think the BDB implementation is a bit
>suspect - you don't say if you are using ActiveState and what version of
>perl, not sure if that makes a difference.  I would try and run a simple
>perl script that uses DB_File.  We're not doing anything fancy with the
>indexing - strings and ints are being indexed.

I had to install DB_File to test the script which then worked fine :)
After re-indexing the sprot40 db I now have a swiss.idx file on my system
so the module was crucial.
Alas the fetch script still fails - same error:
MSG: swissprot stream with no ID. Not swissprot in my book

The index files have a very slight difference in size 10,588kb from linux
compared to 10,461kb from win2k.

I'm using ActiveState ActivePerl build 631 which is the most recent.

Just received your most recent email about DB_File the other modules were
already installed.
So no luck.