[Bioperl-l] Bio::DasI

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 12:55:47 -0400

Hi Jason,

I've just checked in revisions to Bio::DasI and Bio::Das::SegmentI.
These provide the interface methods needed to run generic genome
browser on top of a feature collection.  I don't think the interface
is particularly onerous to implement and I'm really excited by the
prospect of being able to run gbrowse on top of your new feature
Collection classes.

Despite the name, DasI is not quite at the point where it encapsulates
all functionality from the Bio::Das module.  What's missing is calls
to fetch DNA and stylesheets.

Lincoln

lstein@cshl.org                                   Cold Spring Harbor, NY
Positions available at my lab: see http://stein.cshl.org/#hire