[Bioperl-l] Accessing /gene and /note fields in a GenBank file

Mick Watson michaelwatson@paradigm-therapeutics.co.uk
Thu, 16 May 2002 16:15:09 +0100

To get all the "tags" in a feature table, try something like:

foreach my $feat (@features)
     {
      my @tags = $feat->all_tags;
      foreach $tag (@tags) {
            my @values = $feat->each_tag_value($tag);
      }
     }

If I understand you correctly, /gene and /note will be in the tags array
somewhere if they exist.  I think $feat also has a has_tag($string) method (or
something similar) if you only want particular tags

Thanks
Mick