[Bioperl-l] Re: UniGene modules and Bio::Cluster

Allen Day allenday@ucla.edu
Sun, 5 May 2002 20:42:53 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew,

> >I'd like a next_component() method that can be
> Can you show  me how that would be done? Are there examples of similar
> things elsewhere in bioperl?

Looks like Bio::Tree does something similar to my proposed components()
method.  For next_component() you could iterate over the (sorted?) hash
that components() returns.

=head2 get_nodes

 Title   : get_nodes
 Usage   : my @nodes = $tree->get_nodes()
 Function: Return list of Tree::NodeI objects
 Returns : array of Tree::NodeI objects
 Args    : (named values) hash with one value
           order => 'b|breadth' first order or 'd|depth' first order

Maybe it would be better to inherit from and extend the functionality the
Bio::Tree classes than reimplementing.