[Bioperl-l] ABI file parsing

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 01 May 2002 14:48:01 +0100

Malay,

I tried to have a look at the your modules at CPAN, but could not find them
there yet.  Could  you consider submitting your code into BioPerl instead?
If you have generic SGV code ready I am sure we can come up with other uses
of it.

In more general terms:

We have a separate bioperl-gui CVS repository which gives you a cmplete TK
based user interface. Lincold has already committed code using GD to draw
genome pictures. Jason has written Pedigree modules, again using GD, to draw
family pedigrees.
SGV is getting more and attractive choice of graphics and now you have
written code to draw the cromatograms.

In my opinion we should have a namespace for generating Bio related
graphics, e.g.:

Bio::Graphics
Bio::Graphics::GD
Bio::Graphics::SGV

If these different graphics formats objects end up using same objects, the
interfaces would be e.g Bio::Graphics::ChromosomeI

There should be standards for calling these drawing modules and so on...

	-Heikki