[Bioperl-l] Solaris8 install of bioperl-1.0

Susan J. Miller sjmiller@u.arizona.edu
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:04:28 -0700

I just downloaded bioperl-1.0 and am trying to install it on our
Solaris8 system.  I am not understanding what the INSTALL file is saying
regarding installation on Solaris systems.  Do I need to take extra
steps
only to install the optional precompiled extensions?  I don't find
a Compile/SW/libs directory in files I downloaded so I think this is the
case, but wanted to get a confirmation.

Also, when I try 'make test' it passes most tests, but at the end I see:
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 29
What is Error 29 and is it something that needs to be resolved before
I go ahead with make install?

--
Thank you,
-susan