[Bioperl-l] make test fails solaris 8 on "test_dynamic"

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:05:05 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 Sciencelife@aol.com wrote:

> perl Makefile.PL ok
> "make" ok
>
> have gcc enviroment & utils preceeding path of
> Sun C/C++ compilers.  Environment works well
> for perl module compilation from cpan.
>
> 2 questions:
>
> How must bioperl environment be set differently from
> standard gcc ver. 3.03 & binutils2.11.2 environment?
> This environ works well for cpan module compilation.

There are no compiled modules in bioperl except the optional additional
bioperl-ext pkg.  so gcc, binutils have no bearing.

> How can user/passwd be set or passed to "make test" to
> circumvent inside proxy which prompts to authenticate
> for URLs beyond firewall?  "make test" gives no allowance for the prompt & fails attempting
> to visit external sites.

It doesn't really matter that these tests work, unless you have some
reason you really want to run the tests, we do a thorough job checking the
release before it goes out and do run tests on a sun solaris box.  There
is no way of sending proxy/firewall user/pass to the tests at this time
without adding some code to the test suite.  Anyone is welcome to add this
in to the tests if they feel inspired and we'll be happy to apply the
patches into CVS.