[Bioperl-l] Eutils supported

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:06:46 -0400

> AFAIK there is no way to do batch entrez queries such as 'all mRNAs for
> Nemotodes' or even 'all proteins for flys created after Jan 2002' through
> the Eutils interface as there was in th previous batch entrez, but I must
> admit to not digging around very much.
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/static/efetchseq_help.html

This is what I considered to be the great strength of the original Entrez
interface.  It may be that the functionality is there, but we don't know
where it is, or that NCBI doesn't realize how useful this was.

I will talk to Jim Ostell (again) about restoring this functionality, if no
one has already done so.

Lincoln