[Bioperl-l] Intron and exon information

Lars G. T. Jorgensen bioperl-l@bioperl.org
14 Jun 2002 17:13:55 +0200

"David Block" <dblock@gnf.org> writes:

> This is kind of in my area - although I've been stuck in Java-land for a while.
>
> These 'files' of yours - what format are they in - just FASTA?

The datafiles are outputs from the GCG suite. The Seq object accepts
the sequences so thats fine. But, they use casing for representing
exons/introns and the SeqIO::gcg throws this information away.

So I was thinking about patching the parser, but I don't know if that
is against the Design to let the SeqIO add features to a Seq object.

But I think GCG can do FASTA output. Does this contain information
about introns?

BTW. Is there a printable class diagram somewhere. We don't have a A0
printer here...

--
Mvh|Regards, Lars
System administrator     | Student
Bioinformatics Centre    | Department of Computer Science
University of Copenhagen | University of Copenhagen
http://www.binf.ku.dk    | http://www.diku.dk
When's the last time you used duct tape on a duct? -- Larry Wall