[Bioperl-l] Jason and Ewan's TODO list

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:43:41 +0000 (GMT)

We are enjoying tuscon over here, and mainly to use the mailing list as a
filing system here is our TODO list.

(a) top level docs

Peter + Brian (any dates on this?)

(b) final code changes (Jason... maybe Ewan)

Remove Bio::Tools::BLAST
Bio::UnivAln
Bio::Tools::Fasta
Clean up Bio::Root:: stuff which is not needed anymore

(c) Module review:

SYNOPSIS - test cut-and-paste code

Description - points to associated modules, warns if a user
should not read this module directly

new method - documented and parameters are correct

Bio::Root::Root inheritance, no RootI

Interfaces inheriet from Bio::Root::RootI

Document all useful looking methods

Areas -

(NB authors should not review their own code)

Bio::SearchIO::*    Ewan
Bio::SeqFeature::*  Jason
Bio::SeqIO::*       Lincoln
Bio::Structure      SteveC
Bio::DB             Elia (proposed - Elia - do you have time)
Bio::TreeIO         Hilmar (proposed --- can you do this?)
Bio::* (top level)  Heikki (proposed)
Bio::Annotation::   James Gilbert (proposed)
Bio::Tools::*       Ewan (or someone else if they want to)

If people want to volunteer to help out, please shout. If you are not
confident about the code, just helping with documentation is a a great
starting point.

Proposed 1.0alpha1 with at least top level documentation additions around
Feb 15th (Brian and Peter - can we make this?)

Any views on this?

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.