[Bioperl-l] BPlite report->query return only partial name

William Hsiao wlhsiao@yahoo.ca
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:11:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  I have noticed that when using BPlite to parse a
blast report, the report->query or
$hsp->query->seqname only return the characters
between ">" and a blank space in a FASTA file.
  For example if I have >176_00
ref|NC_002695.1|4580769-4580863, tRNA-OTHER as my
qeury title, the report->query or $hsp->query->seqname
would only contain 176_00.
  Is it possible to get what's after the space to
incorporate into the query name?  I have tried
removing the space after >176_00 in the input sequence
which worked, but I'm wondering if there is a better
way?  Maybe those extra characters are kept in another
attribute of the hsp object?
  Thanks

Will