[Bioperl-l] help for installation bioperl Reahat linux

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:09:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Yong Jiang wrote:

> Hello, I am trying to install the bioperl 0.7.2 in my linux system, it
> reminded me the there is no clustalw installed on my platform, actually
> the clustalw1.82 is in my computer and it works well. Also I got a

See the documentation in Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::Clustalw.
You will need to set the env variable CLUSTALDIR to point to the dir
where your clustalw is installed.  I have fixed the logic for this in the
later 0.9.3 release to be a little bit smarter if it can find the exe in
your path but setting CLUSTALDIR env variable will get you what you need
in 0.7.2.

> message that no string is installed, the BIO::DB won't work. Can someone
> tell me how this happen and how to solve it?

You need to install the package IO::String from CPAN.