[Bioperl-l] Genbank/EMBL output

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:34:37 -0800

It's possible but would require a number of hacks to circumvent the
semantics of the object model. Those semantics define that a split
location does not carry strand information. It's the individual
locations that hold the strand instead. What you're asking for is logic
that checks whether all sub-locations are on the negative strand, and
if so promote the complement() operator to the join.

Why do you need the other form?

	-hilmar