[Bioperl-l] List summary: Dec 9-15, 2002

Xiao Juguang juguang@fugu-sg.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:12:29 +0800 (SGT)

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Elia Stupka wrote:

> > I said the parameter names have to be changed, not the method names
> > ... Juguang, what was it that you finally changed?
>
> I was just chatting with Juguang... he was modifying the parameter
> names... wouldn't the best thing be to *add* the new parameter names and
> leave the old ones for backward compatibility? I doubt you were you
> suggesting to replace them and go off and fix all the code in the whole
> repository right?

Now, I make it backward compatiable to allow taking in either '-source' or
'-source_tag', as well as for primary and primary_tag. And all tests
pass. so that I do not need to touch others' code.

So I can do my first cvs commit to bioperl-live now. :)

Juguang.

my ($start, $end, $strand, $primary_tag, $source_tag, $primary, $source,
$frame,
   $score, $tag, $gff_string, $gff1_string,
   $seqname, $seqid, $annot, $location) =
       $self->_rearrange([qw(START
              END
              STRAND
-|>              PRIMARY_TAG
-|>              SOURCE_TAG
-|>              PRIMARY
-|>              SOURCE
              FRAME
              SCORE
              TAG
              GFF_STRING
              GFF1_STRING
              SEQNAME
              SEQ_ID
              ANNOTATION
              LOCATION
              )], @args);

    $primary_tag    && $self->primary_tag($primary_tag);
    $source_tag     && $self->source_tag($source_tag);
    $primary        && $self->primary_tag($primary);
    $source         && $self->source_tag($source);