[Bioperl-l] List summary: Dec 9-15, 2002

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:00:05 -0800

Hey Nathan, thanks for continuing the digests. 2 comments below.

<snip/>
> Xiao Juguang asked whether 'primary' and 'source' should have their
> accessor methods renamed (from 'primary_tag' and 'source_tag') to be
> more consistent.  Hilmar said "yes, that's one of the embarrassing
> inconsistencies" and said any change would have to preserve the old
> names for backwards compatibility.  Juguang committed the change.

I said the parameter names have to be changed, not the method names ... Juguang, what was it that you finally changed?

<snip/>

> Hilmar and Paul went around trying to figure out what about his
> LocusLink entries were confusing the parser.  They must have taken it
> to private mail after Tuesday because "Send it my way" was the last
> heard from Hilmar on the subject.

Still in the works. My ISP connection went down over the weekend. I'll post once I know what's going on.

	-hilmar