[Bioperl-l] Makefile; Funkiness with _rearrange issues and - on alignments

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:23:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Aaron J Mackey wrote:

> It is sometimes necessary to force the alphabet, and I did make use of the
> existing _rearrange method ... I see how a seq containing a gap character
> might make this an issue.  Unnamed params seems the best choice here.
>
> -Aaron

That is how it stands at the moment. I hope this is not a big problem for
you Aaron. I could do something extremely funky about recognising certain
explicit 4 type arguments being passed in, but I would prefer not to
<grin>