[Bioperl-l] a littlet bit inconsistency in Bio::SeqFeature::Generic

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:01:34 -0800

Yes, that's one of the embarrassing inconsistencies. The thing to
fix though is the parameter names, not the method names. In order
not to break backward compatibility, both flavors have to be
recognized though. If you have a patch doing this send it along, or
do it right in the repository if you can -- but make *absolutely
sure* then that all tests pass ...

And BTW the hash keys are supposed to be hidden -- if you do
something with them directly you're on your own.

	-hilmar