[Bioperl-l] parsing 'parsed blast data'

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:45:12 -0600

Hi,

I am sure there is a way, but you could just rip the code out of the modules that parse the description header ;-)  Might work faster?  (Like that hasn't occurred to you already of course!)  Or, treat them like fasta streams to Bio::SeqIO seq objects that have no sequence, and then ask for info from the seq objects?  Not sure if you can do that, or want to...

-mat