[Bioperl-l] XML parsing recommendations in BioPerl?

Charles Tilford charles.tilford@bms.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:29:29 -0400

Hi Jason,

SeqIO::bsml was one of my first XML projects - I agree that it is a
bear (awful memory hog). What XML modules will be standard (or
pseudo-standard) in BioPerl? It will be a while before I can go back
and rehack bsml.pm, but I am now in very early stages of working on an
Incyte Foundation parser - initially I was going to use Incyte's API,
but using a publically available library will (in addition to avoiding
the BioPerl dependancy problem) probably make it more likely that
Incyte will allow the thing to be released into the public domain.
I'll code that up in whatever is least troublesome, then try to recode
bsml.pm.

I see that you've used XML::Parser::PerlSAX for the game.pm module -
is this the current recommendation?

-Charles

--
Charles Tilford, Bioinformatics-Applied Genomics
Bristol-Myers Squibb PRI, Hopewell 3A039