[Bioperl-l] release numbers

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:02:24 +0800 (SGT)

> Shall we release the bioperl-run, bioperl-db, and bioperl-pipeline pkgs
> with the same version number as bioperl (1.1).  We can do it s.t.

Noooooooooooooooooo, I definitely don't want to see a version 1 on the
pipeline, we want to take it easy, start from 0.something and work to a
proper complete, well-documented system

> I don't want us to get into confusing situtations for users - as it is
> already a pain upgrading perl modules w/o doing with a pkg manager.

I think we just need a clear page that has a compatibility chart and clear
instructions on each project page about what you need to download to make
a certain package-version work

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *