[Bioperl-l] release

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:27:40 +0800 (SGT)

> release the bioperl-run as a separate pkg.  What shall we number it?

The numbering on bioperl-run IMHO is quite arbitrary, because the package
will keep increasing in *size* rather than real quality-functionality if
you see what I mean. It is inherently feature incomplete because you could
keep wrapping whatever program people want to use. Also, there shouldn'e
be too many issues of compatibility with bioperl versions, except when we
go for major rehauls.... however, the tests in pipeline definitely rely on
bioperl-run....

...conclusion? Maybe just keep it simple and give the release a number
based on the number of programs we cover at the moment (low) and call it
0.1 like the pipeline.

  What about the bioperl-pipeline, bioperl-db pkgs?  Can we do all 4 at
> the same time.  This is a dev release so we only require that all
> tests pass.

The pipeline should be released, tests pass as of now, give us a real-time
shout when you are *really* making the release so we double check there
are not commits waiting to go in. It should be released with version 0.1

(Jut noticed one subtest has a problem, but by the time you receive this
it will be fine)

It's important to note to people that they need to have an up to date
biosql-schema/sql/biopipelinedb-mysql.sql and bioperl-run cvs module for
bioperl-pipeline tests to pass.

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *