[Bioperl-l] deprecated modules

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:22:25 -0400 (EDT)

Bio::Tools::Blast has been deprecated for a while - I'd like to remove it
from the trunk.  Additionally I'd like to remove Bio::UnivAln as it too
has been deprecated.  Steve and I have agreed that
Bio::SearchIO::psiblast, Bio::Search::HSP::BlastHSP
Bio::Search::Hit::BlastHit, and Bio::Search::Result::BlastResult will be
deprecated in 1.2 assuming we get all the functionality moved over to the
SearchIO::blast and XX::GenericXX objects.

I can create a DEPRECATED file to list module history like this:

# These are modules which are deprecated and later removed from the
toolkit

Deprecated Modules     Version Deprecated   Version Removed
Bio::Tools::Blast            1.0	          1.1
Bio::Tools::Blast::HSP       1.0		  1.1
Bio::Tools::Blast::HTML      1.0		  1.1
Bio::Tools::Blast::Sbjct     1.0		  1.1

Bio::Tools::WWW		     1.1

Bio::UnivAln		     1.0		  1.1

My feeling is that BPlite currently still serves a purpose and should stay
on the trunk, but it might need some maintence/testing at some point.

Shout if you don't want to see this happen.

-jason
--
Jason Stajich
Duke University