[Bioperl-l] "invalid e-mail address" bug

Michael Muratet mam@torchconcepts.com
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 09:19:25 -0500

Peter Kos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> recently, when I send/post an e-mail to this list, I get an AUTOREPLY
> from Invitrogren, like
>
> > You have sent an e-mail to an address at invitrogen.com that is no
> > longer valid.
> > If you would like to place an order, please resend your email to
> ...etc
>
> After complaining about this at Invitrogen, I had the reply like
>
> > Thank you for contacting Invitrogen technical services!  It is
> > possible that you have tried to contact somebody that is no longer
> > part of one of the Invitrogen companies.  This can include
> > Invitrogen, GIBCO, ResGen (Research Genetics), or Novex.  If you
> > got the message in error, I am sorry for the confusion.  I hope
> > this is helpful, please let me know if there is anything else I
> > could do for you.
>
> I am not well trained about the history of bioperl-l@bioperl.org, but
> I would be surprised to learn that it used to be a part of
> Invitrogen.
>
> Does anybody have a comment on this issue?

Invitrogen closed Resgen and laid-off all of the people, and anyone that
was there who was subscribed to this list (myself included) no longer
has that email address. I tried to unsubcribe myself in the last days,
but I don't know if I was successful. I myself have not seen a bounce
from Invitrogen on this list, but I suspect this is the problem.

Cheers

Mike