[Bioperl-l] generic sequence factory in SeqIO

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Kris Boulez wrote:

> Quoting Jason Stajich (jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu):
> >
> > Agreed.  I would want to pull things out and start from scratch and let
> > people look at that code for a little while -but I'm not quite ready to
> > invest the time in redoing this right now, would like us to talk it over
> > some more.
> >
> Do you see this as something for 1.0.x or more as something for a 1.2
> release ? Any plans on starting a 1.1 set of releases (development
> versions) ?

This is definitely something for 1.2 series.  1.1 releases will get
started soon - this will include some of the new PHYLIP wrappers, and
any new SeqIO stuff that is done.  Those who like to live on the bleeding
edge can pull this out from CVS of course.

1.0.x will probably be something I want to start on in about 2 weeks when
I clear a couple of other things off my plate.  This will include bug
fixes to SearchIO, removal of abstractDeath in favor of
throw_not_implemented, and any other reported bugs in 1.0.

This is just my opinion - if you or anyone else wants to see
different priorities, please step up and make suggestions, just expect to
be asked to help!