[Bioperl-l] get_Stream_by_acc in DB/GenBank.pm

Mick Watson michaelwatson@paradigm-therapeutics.co.uk
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:16:07 +0100

Very quick, simple question....

Are there known bugs in &get_Stream_by_acc in DB/GenBank.pm for BioPerl
0.7.2?

Only if I use this method with two accession numbers, it tells me it is
using this url to fetch the sequences:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/utils/qmap.cgi?db=n&title=no&form=6&dopt=genbank&uid=BG295424,BI255773

This url does indeed fetch the two sequences.  However, from the method
call I only get one Bio::Seq object returned, and turning "-verbose" on
in GenBank.pm reveals that only one GenBank record is being downloaded!

I suspect this is a bug which has been fixed, but i don't want to
upgrade Bioperl because I need this version for my local Ensembl to
work....

Thanks
Mick