[Bioperl-l] xml standard for sequences

Jean-Jack Riethoven pow@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:20:59 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Brian King wrote:

> Currently you can get EBI data in AGAVE format at
> http://www.ebi.ac.uk/xembl/.  The XEMBL server does
> the EBI to AGAVE conversion using BioPerl modules.

Actually, this is slightly incorrect. The EBI tool contacts the databases
via CORBA, and converts the received object data to AGAVA or BSML xml. No
BioPerl there I am afraid.

On the last occasion I looked at it (which I must admit was around autumn
2001) the output from the EBI tool was slightly more complete than the
AGAVE BioPerl modules.

With kind regards,

Jean-Jack Riethoven

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton           pow@ebi.ac.uk     ICQ#: 3433929
European Bioinformatics Institute   Phone: (+44) 1223 494635
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus        Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD         URL  : http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/
UNITED KINGDOM