[Bioperl-l] Re: [PBS-USERS] openPBS configuration (fwd)

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:12:30 +0800 (SGT)

> It is however, very expensive :) Last time I checked they were still
> selling academic licenses for roughly $400 USD per Linux CPU.

That has dropped immensely just about 10-15 days ago, they are now going
for something in the order of $70 USD per node, not bad at all...

> you the source to the Pro product if you needed it.  PBSPro is also free
> to academics.

Ah, that is a key point I wasn't aware of... that changes things...

By the way, thanks for your extensive summary, finally I get a clear
picture, was always too hooked on LSF :)

> On a side note I've been reading the pipeline discussion threads with
> interest and would like to become involved if I can. I was already
> thinking about trying to make sure it plays nicely with gridengine :)

That would be great, as soon as there is a decent platform to work from we
should chat/work together about it, right now we are getting the basics
done, and want to install them on a few clusters of different types, then
we can start trying to GRID them (would be fun if the schedulers were
different on each cluster too...)

Elia