[Bioperl-l] DB::GenBank.pm

Mick Watson michaelwatson@paradigm-therapeutics.co.uk
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:28:15 +0100

Hi

I am using Bio::DB::GenBank to fetch sequence objects from the NCBI.
The purpose of this is to find out information regarding the clone,
namely information in the Clone Id field E.g.:

Clone Id:       IMAGE:5207461 (5')

I am having two problems.

Fristly, I wish to fetch by gi number.  Accession BI768930 is gi
15760508, but:

    $seq = $gb->get_Seq_by_id("15760508");

doesn't work.... is there a way to fetch by gi number?

Secondly, a call to get_Seq_by_acc and get_seq_by_id will return a
RichSeq object.... what method calls do I have to make on this object in
order to obtain the Clone Id field above?

Thank you very much for your time

Mick