[bioperl-l] changed Bio::SeqIO::scf

Eckhard Lehmann ecky@e-lehmann.de
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:06:35 +0200

Chad, Jason -

> Would be great to introduce a test as well if you have time, but no
> worries if not.

I have to test my code in the near future too ;-). But it is better anyway
when it is tested by more people.
It is possible that there occure some problems if someone wants to apply
heterocygote variants to version 2.00 *.scf files. This is because the binary
.scf file version 2.00 is built up another way than the version 3.00 binary
file and I changed the code especially for version 3.00 files without testing
it with version 2.00 this time (I'm not so familiar with v2.00).
But if there are no heterocygote variants in the sequence string, there is no
problem left with writing version 2.00 files - I think.

Eckhard