[Bioperl-l] Referencing BioPerl

jong jong" <jong@mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:05:04 +0100

Hi,

> On the other hand, once something gets printed on the certain page of
> the given issue of a given journal, then it is there for the next
> hundreds of years no matter how many libraries get Boeing-attacks.
> Which is not always true with URLs (as "dynamic source") which
> eventually change domain names, can be hacked and defaced, or the
> maintenance fund may be discontinued, etc.
> As the movie did not cease the  theatre and the DVD did not put a
> stop to the movie, the printed literature also has its future.

I agree with you on the importance of graveyard stone-copy of knowledge.
I think people should write a paper on the
philosophy, scientific part, novelty and advanced technology of bioperl that
can be archived in a journal.

Are you up for it :-) ?

Anyway, I suggest Bioperl developers contribute to it.

Best

Jong