[Bioperl-l] SCF.pm still around?

Chad Matsalla chad@sausage.usask.ca
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:39:48 -0600 (CST)

eric wang wrote:
> Hi guys, just wondering if the SCF.pm module is still around? or is
> there a new standard now?
> I need some help opening up SCF files. Thank you!

Hi eric,

You can use SeqIO::scf.pm to extract the sequence from an scf. I have done
a significant rewrite of this module to facilitate:

1. the extraction of trace data from scf files
2. the creation of arbitrary scf files given a sequence and its relative
quality

I am waiting patiently for my employer to give me the permission to
release this module but it hasn't come yet. I will commit it as soon as
possible so I can get come opinions on its usefulness.

Chad Matsalla