[Bioperl-l] Bio::Blast object question

Jason Eric Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:34:05 -0400 (EDT)

My first reaction would be to try using Bio::Tools::BPlite, but this might
not have all the same features that you need for parsing - you'll have to
decide about that.  I'm not sure how much work has been done to calibrate
blast parsing on the patent dbs but if they are weirdly formatted or
contain () or some other weird characters - you could possible fix this by
preprocessing the report before hand - 'sed s/\(/\[/' ... etc

-jason

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University