[Bioperl-l] Bio::Blast object question

Jason Eric Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:16:44 -0400 (EDT)

David - I've struggled with this sometimes with reports as well when the
query database is badly formatted - are you working with a NCBI blastdb or
your own ?  I would pull out the line from the db which this hit sequence
is from
(% grep "^>.*accession") -- where accession is the accession are you
are having trouble with.

If you can send that information to the list we can probably figure out a
way to patch the parser.  To help us better need to know what he Blast
module name is (Bio::Tools::Blast or Bio::Tools::BPlite) and what version
of bioperl you are using.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich