[Bioperl-l] 0.9.1 release & BSML

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:22:11 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Charles Tilford wrote:

> Jason Eric Stajich wrote:
> >
> > Can people report in on what code they have in progress - I'll outline
> > some of the major components that would be good to get into a dev release
> > for extensive testing.  Some of these may need to wait until 0.9.2 which
> > should go out at the end of October if we have enough new code.
>
> I have a functional version of SeqIO::bsml.pm ready - it accommodates
> conversion between Seq objects and BSML XML files. Nathan will get the
> BMS disclosure paperwork together soon.
>
> I still need to verify that SeqIO->BSML->SeqIO->BSML sort of
> conversions are as well behaved and symmetrically mapped as possible,
> but that should just take a day or two.

This will be really cool. Over here I'll see how this plays with an
Ensembl dump (I suspect it wont play nicely as Ensembl hides alot of its
goodies inside Ensembl specific objects). First off I'll try to make the
Ensembl objects play better with "generic" seqio objects (currently they
only play well with GenBank/EMBL seqio using/abusing the to_FTHelper)

But SeqIO/bsml will be great...