[Bioperl-l] installation problem

Osborne, Brian Brian.Osborne@osip.com
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:26:15 -0500

Elia,

The PREFIX value is used to install, as in :

perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr/home/<username>/usr/local

The PERL5LIB variable is used to access the modules after they're installed,
but is not used by any scripts for the purposes of installing modules, if
I'm not mistaken. The page I cited goes into the details.

Brian O.