[Bioperl-l] Number of hits

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein@nih.gov
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:38:46 -0500

In my experience, this happens with BioPerl when the original query
parameters were such that there are 365 summaries but only 50
alignments.  BioPerl only parses the alignments, which is understandable
but a little frustrating at times.  Naturally, it is not so obvious on
visual inspection that you only have 50 alignments, but that is probably
the case here.

You will probably need to redo your BLAST runs (that's what I had to do in
this situation), judiciously using -v and -b:

   -v  Number of one-line descriptions (V) [Integer]
     default = 500
   -b  Number of alignments to show (B) [Integer]
     default = 250

HTH,

- Jonathan