[Bioperl-l] SVG rendering

Malay curiouser@ccmb.ap.nic.in
Fri, 18 May 2001 20:32:49 +0530

Hi Heikki:

> Why do not put your modules into BioPerl? We could help with
> complexities of Bioperl better that way. Bio::Graphics::SGV or
> something similar would be appropriate for the library modules and if
> you want to share the applications there is directory structure for
> that in BioPerl, too.

I am right now struggling to give the modules the support for both print
(aka GFF2PS) as well as web support. Web support is easy but print support
is becoming a behemoth. Out of the main discussion topic, I think Bioperl
really lacks in the area of graphics, when Perl wrappers are available
around Opengl/Mesa. I know portability will be an issue here but some
support rather than nothing is always preferable.

But I may be wrong here. I've just started exploring Bioperl and have not
really got my hands dirty in CVS. May be someone out there is working on
nice bioperl GUI/widget projects.

> You can have an ID to the repository just by asking.

Thanks again. I'll ask when it is appropriate.

Cheers,

-Malay

Malay Kumar Basu
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Hyderabad 500007
I N D I A

Fax: (00-91)40-7171195
Phone: (00-91)40-7172241
-----
A mind is a terrible thing to ... er ... hmmmm?
-----
curiouser@ccmb.ap.nic.in