[Bioperl-l] Recovering conservation lines from clustalw

Josep Francesc Abril Ferrando jabril@imim.es
Tue, 08 May 2001 09:44:40 +0200

I started to work with Bioperl two weeks ago.
At this moment I am parsing a clustalw alignment using Bio::UnivAln, with the variables properly set
to use clustalw for parsing the input files. I can recover each sequence and its identifiers from a
single alignment, I can obtain the consensus sequence, and so on. The problem is that I will need
also the conservation line that appears below each alignment (that one containing only '.', ':' and
'*'). Is there any method defined to recover such lines ?

Thanks

    Josep Francesc ABRIL FERRANDO

RESEARCH GROUP on BIOMEDICAL INFORMATICS
        GENOME INFORMATICS LAB
              IMIM - UPF
          C/ Dr. Aiguader 80
       08003 - Barcelona  (SPAIN)