[Bioperl-l] Bio::Seq->delete_SeqFeature missing?

Hilmar Lapp lapp@gnf.org
Mon, 07 May 2001 19:09:04 -0700

Malcolm Cook wrote:

> I note that there are no methods for deleting features from a Bio::Seq
> object.

You can flush them all using $seq->flush_SeqFeature(), and then re-add
only those you're interested in using $seq->add_SeqFeature().

At least theoretically :-O This is the way it is done in other
objects, if there are properties being arrays. Practically, this
methods appears to be absent from Bio::Seq. Don't ask me why, I'm not
even sure it is really missing, but I'm unable to find it. Maybe it is
due to the initial scope of immutable sequence objects. To me this
method missing looks like a bug.

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp@gnf.org