[Bioperl-l] Caching BioCorba server implemented with bioperl-db

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Sun, 06 May 2001 22:55:21 -0700

Ewan Birney wrote:

> However: this is both a proof-of-concept and also useful in mid-LAN
> size with no easy file sharing (NFS) scenarios (like... say... the
> EBI/Sanger network)- one of the beauties of a system like this is to
> have only one server where updates/changes occur and cach'ing servers
> around it: the caching servers will move the load away from the
> central server and also provide resilence of the system to server
> failure.

Does this mean the cache becomes invalidated if the corresponding
sequence gets updated in the central root server? I.e., does the
caching server double-check for each request that its current copy
is recent?

	Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                              email: hilmarl@yahoo.com
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757